View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 02:29 PM   #23
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

The way I see it, a dream supergroup would include performers who you'd wanna hear playing with someone else, because of... / whatever your reason is/...

Aretha - probably the best female singer ever lived - sang her best performances with large concert bands, and not in her regular concerts or even on studio recordings. So, I'd love to hear her singing with a monster band and some great supporting cast.

My Soul Supergroup would be:
  • Aretha, Marvin Gaye, Temptations - vocals
  • George Duke, Stevie Wonder - keyboards
  • Marcus Miller - bass
  • Tony Allen and Billy Cobham - drums & percussion
  • Chicago - brass section
  • Prince and Leo Nocentelli - guitars

Rock:
  • Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury, Mark Knopfler, Guillan - vocals
  • Knopfler, May, Page, Gilmour - guitars
  • Marcus Miller - bass
  • Banks, Wright - keyboards
  • Kenny Aronoff and Ian Paice- drums
Mind you, today's level of concert and studio musicians is so incredibly high - most of the current big stage bands can back almost anyone and the outcome would be a super-amazing performance. Just look at SNL band, or former Letterman/Schaeffer band or Roots - they can play anything, literally anything, and it would sound tops. I highly recommend watching a concert of Eric Clapton's with Wynton Marsalis Band - that's a supergroup right there... Endless topic, of course...