View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 03:51 PM   #6
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
I never cared about smart home, but I wanted to be able to close my garage door, or at least check to make sure it closed from anywhere. But I bought a google nest mini on a whim cause they were like $30 at costco. Then I got some Wifi plug-ins. A month later I basically never have to flick a light switch or turn on a lamp like some kind of peasant again

My biggest complaint is when the nest confirms my command by repeating it back to me. "....Ok, turning off two plug-ins called Christmas Tree"

Surprisingly, when fireplace shopping none of the four places we went had smart models that could be controlled by Google, Alexa, etc
I've done some reading on this as I was interested in installing a smart switch for my fireplace, and apparently it's against code. A bug or a misclick in an app and you could turn on the fire with nobody home and not realize it until the house burns down. And after dealing with erratic behavior from my smart garage opener and some wifi lights, I'm content to leave the fireplace dumb
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: