View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #1172
MonsieurFish
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Had a chance tonight to compare Sportsnet Now and NHL.tv for the Flames game. No VPN, which I'm guessing is because CBC is free OTA. Both apps on Android TV, SN Now had the usual buffering and stuttering, and flipping between 30 and 60 fps. NHL.tv however was completely smooth and rock solid 60 fps. Not sure how they're able to provide a better stream of the Sportsnet feed than Sportsnet themselves, but it's a dramatic difference. So if you're still looking to cut the cord, I'd recommend NHL Gamecenter with a VPN to get around blackouts. Much better experience
How do either of those service's for watching games delayed (either the next day, or starting the game mid-way through it's occurrence)? I am frequently watching the game on a delay and have struggled to find a subscription service that can accommodate this properly - particularly if the delay is only 1 hour or so such that the live event is still streaming.

If I could figure out how to sort this out then I would truly have no need for cable any more, but the ability to PVR flames games and watch delayed is what's kept me with Shaw.
MonsieurFish is offline   Reply With Quote