View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #1170
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Thought I'd put this issue here to see if any of you have a solution to my problem.

I recently switched from Shaw to Lightspeed for my ISP and I have a Sportsnet Now Standard plan to watch Flames games. A number of games, including last night's and tonight's games show as being available under the Standard plan, however, under my login I am unable to access them. The message is that an upgrade in my plan is required which leads me to believe that my IP address is not indicating I am in AB. (this has been confirmed by Lightspeed tech support)

Lightspeed has attempted to fix on their end but have been unsuccessful, so far. There doesn't seem to be any way to contact Sportsnet tech support - not that they'd likely be any help.

Does anyone see any solution that I could implement on my end other than upgrading my Sportsnet Now subscription? I was looking into VPN's but I haven't found any that have servers located in AB so that won't solve my problem if I'm correct about the issue.

I can turn off wifi on my phone and just use cellular, however, then I am unable to stream to my TV (chromecast).

Any suggestions?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post: