View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #240
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
I for one love the idea of it being a dark by 6 these days eliminating any opportunity to recreate outdoors after work.

Furthermore, the idea of not being able to go for a bike ride after work without lights for must of the year sounds fantastic.

I know we always talk about extremes but the real impact is around the equinoxes and that's where daylight savings time hours are preferred IMO. I'd give up an hour of sun after work in July - I don't really need it to be light past 10 - but that hour of light in May and September is the difference between being able to go for a ride after work without lights or having to save it for the weekend.

It's so weird that the forum leans so far toward standard time year round. I don't know a single person outside of this forum that would prefer standard time over daylight time.

*Feel free to replace "ride" with any other outdoor recreation that is best enjoyed in the daylight.
Golf. For me the difference is being able to finish a round after work all summer as opposed to not. It’s absolutely the dealbreaker to me!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: