View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #45
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
I don't understand the love-in for Gondek. More or less every time I heard her speak in debates or interviews (albeit I missed the last one) she sounds like someone who knows some of the things she needs to say but there is absolutely no substance or any sense of detail.

That top 5 leadership debate was comical. Every single time I was asking myself "what is she even talking about?"

I don't get what everyone is so impressed with. I guess being "Not Farkas" is good enough for people to be enamored with her
I’ll take a shot: she is educated and has demonstrated in her 3+ years in council that she understands the issues facing the city (ie property tax distribution) and what it needs moving forward (ie downtown redevelopment). She may not be as eloquent as someone like Nenshi, but I’ve felt she articulates her points well during council debates and isn’t going to back down from a fight worth fighting (ie racism). I also think she’s generally respected amongst her Council colleagues.

I won’t get into platforms because you can judge those for yourself.

I’ve also only watched one of the mayoral debates, so I can’t really comment on those. However, I would say that sometimes it’s easy to hear what you’re expecting to hear.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post: