View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #7
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
I realize that this series diverges from the books quite a bit …but I read the first 2 a looooong time ago and don’t remember them much anyway. I do recall liking them a lot, however.

That said, the show is quickly losing me. If it doesn’t pick up by episode 5 I think I’ll give it a pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Pretty much. We start with great character building and set up with solid acting by all involved and then move to Terminus for what almost feels like a different show of super cheesy sci fi. Then it manages to stick the landing, kicking off a crisis with an interesting twist at the end.
I'm somewhat in the same boat. I read the books as a kid and I loved them.

But the 'Foundation' series is like a lot of those stories where they are largely considered 'unmakeable' in terms of TV or movies. I think this series has a real shot on Apple because they've got a run of episodes and time.

That being said though, one of the major issues people will find with the Foundation series is that it doesnt have a whole ton of action. It is pretty much just constant bickering.

That doesnt typically translate to a whole ton of excitement.

Its like the Star Wars prequels where you're seeing characters discuss treaties and negotiate intergalactic trade routes.

Those movies were like paying to watch C-Span but without the endless action and riveting drama.

I digress, but I think this show is going to need a season to lay down the groundwork....because there is a lot. And they've got to nail down their time-jumps, because theres a lot of those too.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote