Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #4798
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I just think there's a difference between dispersion and forgiving. If I went a hit a bunch of balls on a Trackman, and deleted the bad mis-hits, then yeah, I'll have a tighter dispersion on the 3 wood or hybrid than a driver. I'm just saying I'd be deleting more bad 3 wood shots. On the course, that driver dispersion doesn't generally hurt me, but the deleted 3 wood shots would. Sure, there are some exception for holes you have to thread a needle or with a tiny landing area, but those are pretty rare on the courses I play.
Maybe it has to do with the driver being teed up? I think plenty of people struggle hitting a fairway wood. In general though, the longer irons, woods and driver are harder to hit for most of us because it’s further from you. It just leads to more of an issue than a higher iron.

For me, when the driver is on it’s fine. But if it’s not cooperating (could be the user!), it can be a complete disaster. It feels like I’m hitting three from the tee constantly those days. My issue there is not getting the club square, and that’s a function of the longer shaft for me.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote