View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
VFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Flames My Prediction for the 2021-22 season

Up to this point in the off-season (August 11), I've come to the conclusion that the Calgary Flames have not significantly improved in terms of additions or subtractions of players/personnel [they may have gotten worse with no Giordano]. My predictions are based on last season's [2021] records against Canadian teams and the previous season's [2020] records against American teams. Seattle is hard to predict, but I assume Calgary will be .500 against Seattle by default. This will be the most "Calgary Flames" season, as they'll switch between winning streaks and losing streaks like a light bulb. Johnny Gaudreau, Sean Monahan or Matthew Tkachuk will probably be traded for little or no value (like Iginla) or leave in free agency/offer-sheeted. Assuming 95/96 points is the minimum to make the playoffs, the Flames will miss the 2022 playoffs and will probably not participate in the draft lottery due to the new lottery rules. Thus the pain of being a Flames fan continues on, unless they get Jack Eichel in a trade. Any opinions???
VFlames is offline   Reply With Quote