View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #2880
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Sideshow Bob is for sure scary. I was sweating bullets on it last year and then it leads into that steep descent to the jumps. Definitely not a chill ride.

As I get older, I have less and less interest in the difficult technical mtb trails. I'm way more into flowy and fun versus technically challenging.
heh heh... I've done a LOT of mountain biking over the years, but focussed on cross-country and for me most XC downhills are enough. I don't search out epic or difficult downhills. Yeah I've been mocked as a bit of a chicken... but hey it lets me get out and ride again another day. In any case, coming from a wuss (me) Sideshow is not technical. Sure it has consequences and you have to know your flow and gears, but it's not bad at all. That steep chute is only ~20meters in length and has a great runout plus with todays wide and knobby tubeless it's so much easier to keep it controlled there. The awesome thing about all of the Sideshow and trails headed west are that pretty much anyone can do them. They're awesome to ride fast and so your comfort with speed and flow really governs the difficulty level. Plus so many great spots to catch your breath and take in the valley and mountain views, especially during the fall color explosion.

For technical... I'd suggest 12 Mile Coulee has gotten more technical the last few years. A lot bumpier and rootier for sure. Oh and less gravel-bike friendly too (although do-able!)
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote