View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 11:43 AM   #1
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:
Default Milan Lucic - 1000 Games

So Milan Lucic will play his 1000th career game tomorrow as a Flame when the Flames meet the Leafs in Toronto.

Pretty good career so far including Memorial Cup and Stanley Cup.

From the story on the Flames website;
https://www.nhl.com/flames/fans/flames-extra/the-road

"His final act as a Vancouver Giant was hoisting the now century-old trophy high over his head - the hometown kid savoring a once-in-a-lifetime moment that remains a career capstone.

But what really got everyone's attention was what transpired about two hours earlier - a legendary, 55-second spin forever enshrined as 'The Shift,' where he pancaked Matt Lowry, Jakub Rempel and Trevor Glass of the Medicine Hat Tigers, before squaring off with the equally burly Jordan Bendfeld and earning the decision, raising the roof at the Pacific Coliseum.

It was the stuff of legend."

"I remember the first day of camp, walking in and seeing this beast of a 19-year-old lurking around the dressing room," laughed Shawn Thornton, a lifelong friend and former Bruins teammate. "I was chatting and introducing myself to one of our scouts, and I was like, 'Who is this mutant?!'

A good story and a good guy. Milan's become a real fan favorite here for a lot of fans.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Macman For This Useful Post: