View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 02:44 PM   #212
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
It's not, really. It is the long accepted view still adhered to by virtually all NHL organusations.

That is doubtful, considering that JS Giguere and Craig Anderson were at one time Calgary Flames prospects. Will Wolf be a better player than Laurent Broissoit?

But beyond all this, there is just no way the Flames start next season with Wolf on the bench. For one thing, he will still be an AHL rookie, and only 20-years-old. For another, the Flames will be much more eager for him to be starting games regularly in Stockton, rather than sitting for multiple consecutive nights on the Flames bench.

I am excited about Wolf's potential, but let's also not forget just how small this guy is. He is still a massive long-shot to make the NHL, and I think this as much as anything will prompt the Flames to be very patient with him.

I think the best projection for Wolf in 2021-22 is for him to solidify his spot as the starting goalie in Stockton. Add one more year of hopefully dominant performances, and a few NHL callups, and then I think he will make his first appearance as a regular on the Flames roster in 2023-24. He will be 22-years-old.

He grew to 6'0, not huge but not tiny either, four goalies in the top 10 for stats are 6'0 or under and a few more are only 6'1. with the event of smaller equipment goalies need to be quick and athletic. Wolf is just that.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post: