View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 12:58 PM   #32
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Obviously, the lion's share of the blame for the "short-termism" falls on the owners, which is puzzling to me, since they all made their money outside of hockey by doing the exact opposite. Is it constantly overvaluing what you have, so they always think they are just "one piece away"? Is it the fear of becoming irrelevant in the market? Do they think they owe it to the "community" to always be "competitive"? Is it that everyone in this organization has been measuring themselves against the Oilers since 80s?
The blueprint is actually not that complicated, so what's the problem? The media and the fans here are very docile; it is not like the city is a pressure cooker akin to Montreal or Toronto. I think you can pretty much do what you want with little back-fire...
I know nothing about what happens in the Flames back office but I am not 100% convinced it is on ownership. I still believe the right hockey operations team could find success here and they just haven’t been very good at hiring the right person to run it.

Your points are 100% correct. It just shouldn’t be that hard to have some patience in this market.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote