View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #52
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Labatt says they aren't going to touch them. No staffing changes, the owners are sticking around, and brewing and tap room aren't changing.
Im pretty sure this has been said in every single microbrewery purchase since forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Look at it this way, those guys who made beer you love just got told their beer is too good to be sold just in Alberta in the long run.
For sure I would be willing to have an industry insider convince me otherwise and that these big companies are in fact beer lovers first and foremost, going around tasting at local breweries. I would speculate that the more likely scenario is that Labatt could just as easily have made this purchase without tasting a single Banded Peak beer, consulting a single online review, or having any interest in how good the beer is regarded by beer drinkers. All about numbers and the marketability of the beer. When you look at the micro breweries that are purchased, it is often not the breweries that are regarded by beer fans as the best. I am fan of Banded Peak and their beer, but perhaps the last local brewery purchase is good testament to this (fighting words perhaps).
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post: