View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 10:00 PM   #53
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I took part as a subject in a 12 year long study on ptsd at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix. The final and best direction for treatment? After 12 years? Get a dog.

It might be something to look into here...

https://www.ementalhealth.ca/Calgary...=heading&ID=74
This is very interesting.

I've never been diagnosed with any sort of mental health issue, but I do feel like I've gone through bouts of depression in my life. I've had a dog for the past 7 years and I can't imagine who I would be without him. I am never without love or compassion. They really can feel your emotions and for some reason know exactly what face to make to pick you up no matter what.

I know I have anger issues. I can lose it over very inconsequential things. Having my dog around mitigates my anger to a noticeable degree. He thinks I'm mad at him, so I end up having to comfort him to make sure he knows he's not a bad boy, and poof my anger subsides.

They are not a responsibility to be taken lightly, especially if you are a young person that wants to be mobile. I've had mine from 22-30 and it's definitely affected the direction my life has taken, but they will go with you to the end no question.

You could try fostering them to try it out. Anyways. A plug for the dog therapy I guess.