View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #49
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I want to actually touch on the alcohol thing, because its hugely important. Its almost the ultimate self medication tool, and that's why its so important to quit.

For me, and I don't know about anything else, but I drank to literally forget what I was going through and numb myself to it. I went far beyond the slightly drunk to drunk thing, I was never the happiest drunk around even when I was young. But I drank to that point of being numb and not caring about anything, and also because I had that belief that it would help me get much needed sleep.

But the next day reality would really crash in and I would feel worse not just for the expected hangover, but the guilt of drinking 3/4 of a bottle of Jack (Brown liquor is bad).

It got to the point where I had this f'd up notion that I was only doing this on Friday or Saturday night at home alone while watching a movie, or playing a video game or whatever, and on top of it I had this utterly f'd up notion that I was no different from my parents back in the day when they could come home on Friday after work and polish off a bottle of Rye.

Now I won't say that as I've gone through this mess and got the help that I need, that I had to completely drunk, since I decided to get off of this roller coaster of self blame and worry and loathing, I can count on one hand when I've had a beer or a glass of whine or a drink of hard liquor.

But drinking and drinking heavily is such a major warning sign that something is really wrong and you need help.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: