View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #1382
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Lol, that's an interesting analogy there, DoubleF.

I think anytime you're setting up an external sound system, there is some tweaking to be done to get it to sound right. Can't wait to see how easy or difficult it is to do with a full on receiver and speakers in a true 5.1 or 7.1 system.
Thanks.

I bought an older version 40" version without HDMI input or app for around $320 used two years ago and I thought I got a good deal.

You have no idea how jealous I was when my buddy nabbed his for around $220 for an Amazon refurb. Then, the damn Costco deal at $210 kept me up at night. I had that thing in my cart a bunch of times, but I could never justify pulling the trigger. I look at sound bar upgrades on occasion, and everything I see is generally around $500 or above for a clear upgrade to this set up. Of the sound bars I've played with though, it seems like this one is much easier than the typical bar to screw up settings and get horrible noise (but factory reset to start over is easy to do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I haven't tried too hard... But I have no idea how to change the settings on system haha.

I undersold it there after using it more now. It was defintely well worth the $200.
You can either use the basic remote to reset to factory or change settings, or I believe the one you bought has the ability to install and pair with an app to tweak settings.

My buddy says the app is a archaic looking and perhaps a little slow, but he says he's happy to have it (rather than not have it) and uses it more than the remote it came with.

Last edited by DoubleF; 01-16-2019 at 11:30 AM.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote