View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #60
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started IFing at the beginning of the summer, and it's been amazing for me; down about 30 pounds right now from the beginning of May (3 months), while still giving me lots of energy for exercise and general fitness. I typically aim for about 16:8 or 18:6, but have stretched my fasts up as high as 24 hrs, with no cheat days. I'm not formally tracking my calories or macros, but I'm maintaining a solid deficit every day while trying to keep a high protein intake. I think that at the end of the summer I'll be switching to more of a maintenance diet, and at that point I think calorie tracking will become more important.

I first became interested in fasting when reading about some very early-stage studies (just in lab rats at this point) showing some potential of IFing for alzheimers prevention. I've got a prevalent family history of alzheimers, and so I'm looking for positive things I can do at this point in my life to reduce my future risk. But even if it's not effective for alzheimers prevention, the other positives I'm getting from it have made it a great fit for me.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote