View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 09:40 AM   #75
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I will be voting yes because I support athletes and measures that will continue to give them the best training facilities in the world.

I support sport and the power it has to unite a community, excite a population, and inspire thousands of children to get out and try new kinds of activities (whether or not it encourages them to become high performance athletes themselves).

I support culture and know that the Olympic Games bring about more than just sport and athletes; it's a showcase of art, music and shared experiences.

I support cities and nations that make an effort to take a leap into something daring and new and fun. They are not content to live in boring grey boxes while only overseeing the minutia of day-to-day life of potholes and garbage pick up.

and I support celebration and communal pride in pulling together to welcome the world.

The Olympic are more than a party, they are a celebration of sport, athletes and culture and it's an honour to host them. It's a double honour to be so well thought of that the Olympic movement would consider this city to be the first double host since Lake Placid (itself the USA winter sport hub).

As I frequent visitor to the current facilities I know that they are used long afterwards and are crucial to athletic success. I also know that they need updating.

As a friend and supporter to many high performance athletes I know that they are excited and support a home Olympic Games in 2026.

As a fan of Canadian sport I know that this country loves celebrating success but I also know that as soon as that success goes away people are going to bemoan athletes' and question their results. We cannot expect success and not give the tools to help them accomplish it.

We cannot expect pride, unity and celebration to come out of nowhere.

I support athletes, I support sport, I support culture and I support Calgary 2026.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post: