View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #30
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane_Flame View Post
The sick part comes in when people are recommending hormone therapy to 5 year olds. The sick part comes in when I can have my child taken away unless I foster what the government deems a "safe" environment for my child if he decides he wants to wear a dress one day. Sick is having people getting criminally charged for not agreeing with a pseudo science.
I can concede that recommending hormone therapy for a child is not sound medicine. I think we both agree that five years old is is not the age gender dysphoria should be diagnosed OR treated.

I don't really agree with the idea that if you were to refuse such treatment at a young age that you would have your child remanded to the state. As long as you were caring for your child I don't really see this happening, dysphoria or not.

I won't state outright that science has all the answers about the health of the human brain but the work has been done on gender dysphoria and it is a real thing.

It feels like you're taking the worst case scenario and applying it as the norm for all situations. I can promise that is not the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey-and_stuff For This Useful Post: