View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #91
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
I must be missing something with the Louis CK story. So 1 woman says he sounded like he was masturbating on the phone and he asked 4 other women if he could take his penis out? 3 of them said yes, so he did, and 1 of them said no, so he didn’t? Embarrassing fetish, but I don’t see the scandle.
No kidding. And as far as sexual abuse goes, that has to be the least abusive. That's again why we need some better terminology here. All sexual abuse isn't the same so we need better descriptors to describe specific abuses or a scale or something. Like this is level one sexual abuse and back alley knife to the throat kind of rape is a level 10.

And as for the larger sexual abuse problems, these men are brutal and need to be held accountable. But there is another thing that shouldn't be dismissed as victim blaming and that is women need to be better educated on warning signs or something, too. Seems super insanely obvious to me, but business meetings don't take place in hotel rooms. That's putting yourself in a vulnerable position. Maybe there needs to be a unit in CALM or something in high school that educates people on sexual predation and offers strategies to remove yourself from a position you may inadvertently end up in.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote