View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #1477
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
That's a terrible plan seeing it's likely going to result in the needless deaths of more people until the predictable Negan vs Rick battle to the death at the end of the season. There are people on these lookout towers getting taken out from afar by arrows and they let Negan strut around on a balcony without a weapon for all that time where they could have ended the conflict and bloodshed quickly. I get that it's TV but the show is pushing the boundaries of ridiculousness. My wife was particularly annoyed and she's not usually overly critical as this simply doesn't make for good TV.

I feel this show is at a crossroads. Ratings are down and I don't think another season of dragging out an inevitable conclusion is going turn the tide in ratings. They need to figure out how to get the zombie threat back into the story as I don't know how much further they can take the storylines of the group running into a group of bad people with an over the top bad guy leading them.
This show has never truly been about zombies though. That was merely the mechanism to explore themes of human nature. Zombies were the tool that broke society down to the point where it had to be rebuilt from the ground up. That's where we get to explore human tendencies and address the dark parts of humanity in order to understand when and where humans are good in contrast.

So long as the show keeps up with those themes, I'll be watching.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: