View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #3745
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I really don't think the issue is who is in power. The truth is the CPC couldn't get pipelines built and now the LPC can't. It's more about how much power we give to special interest groups and municipalities ahead of our national interest.

In this case though, it's only partly the issues with regard to the NEB and their trials and tribulations. The oil price being down and reduced pipeline demand are also factors here. Those are things that politicians can't really control.

sure but changing the regulatory demands in mid stream to include downstream and upstream factors absolutely killed this dead. TCPL was probably still willing to build this thing with the promise that Oil Pricing would increase somewhat again.

And demand would increase with easier access to other markets.

Basically provinces and municipalities blocking pipelines breaks the constitution which allows for the transport of provincial goods across Canada and is a part of the Federal Government's job.

Harper should have and Trudeau should have told BC and Quebec and Montreal to shut the hell up, we've examined this on a Federal level and its happening.

Instead the process has been hijacked completely.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote