View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 12:52 AM   #237
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
you mean trade stock? Open an investing account within your bank, ensure it's capable of trading in USD, purchase DIS on the NYSE.

Not sure I am following the question though. All I know is that whenever there's an upcoming release of a large event, you should consider buying stock for that asset. I'd imagine this movie release will be good for Disney.

Another example, Adidas a few months before World Cup (or whoever is the prime athletic wear sponsor in any given tournament). I missed out on this. Another one I missed out on, Nintendo about 6 months before the Switch was released.
Most of the value in Disney stock for Star Wars was already swallowed up at the Lucasfilm purchase. It seems logical that the influx of a billion dollars should cause a spike in a companies stock price, but those prices are built on expectations, not real value. The Force Awakens didn't cause a noticeable bump.

I mean, it's not likely to go down. With much more Star Wars and Marvel on the way. But there isn't likely to be single event spikes unless they purchase other large assets.