View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #74
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I guess we have different ideas of striking gold then. Getting a player in the top 10 that turns into what you expect is business happening as it should. Finding a franchise player in the 4th round, or every player selected from that draft playing in the NHL, is striking gold. I agree that there are more disappointments than there are success stories, but getting a player that lives up to expectations shouldn't be considered a home run or striking it rich.
In FDW's defense, I think Scheifele's realistic expectation in his draft year would have been more of a 50-ish point 2C, basically a less defensively capable Backlund.

For him to hit the 80+ point mark is striking gold. Although the fact that he is flanked by talent like Wheeler, Ehlers, and Laine does lessen the value of his 82 points. Funny though, he used to be Frolik's linemate. Makes you wonder "what if" Backlund played with a right winger offensively better than Frolik, like all three of Scheifele's wingers.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote