View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #831
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
There's no creative bending, it's comparing two things that can't be compared because their incomparable. One poster I quoted said that a group who pepper sprays Nazis had only a slightly better history of violence than a group that committed mass genocide. That's insane.

And I doubt you'll find many who agree with your assertion that it's not important to get facts straight and discuss things in a true way. I get that we're in the post-truth era, but it seems like poor form to spread misinformation or, in your case, call any highlighting of that misinformation unimportant. Stopping the spread of misinformation is at least equally important to bad prognosticating about future events.

It's not that things can't lead to future events, it's that most people who use the slippery slope end up at events that are not logical or remotely likely results on the present day action they're trying to warn against. You can do it better without a clunky and outright stupid slippery slope. I mean, you actually said political violence of antifa might lead to acceptable religious violence. Have you never read a history book?
Huh?
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote