View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #1015
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
There are only a handful of breweries that really do it right, and none of them distribute. The brewers all say they are intended to be drank fresh (within a couple weeks), and kept cold, so they only sell out of their taprooms. Beer takes about a month or so to go through all the distribution channels and hit stores, so that doesn't really work with the style.

The breweries are doing huge volumes though. Tree House upped their production significantly with their new brewery, and are selling out 3000 cases (of 24 cans) from Wed to Fri every week. They are selling at about $15/4 pack too. It'd be a great business model if you could figure out how to brew that style in untapped markets. Monkish is really the only west coast brewery doing it that I've had. I think Great Notion from Oregon is doing that style well too from what I've heard.
I know it is a west coast brewery, but I tried the Firestone Walker Fortem Imperial IPA a few days ago and it definitely has that modern New England taste and appearance- Pulpy, tropical, and sweet. Basically looks like juice. Awesome beer, but doubt it can be found in Calgary. Fairly similar to the Collective Arts IPA no1 that was around a few months ago.

Was in the States for a couple weeks, tried a lot of beers, but this was definitely the most memorable.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 08-16-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post: