View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Calgary ranked 5th most liveable city in the World

I'm not sure how much stock most of you put into reports like this, but The Economist has put out their 2017 rankings of the most liveable cities in the world. As a Canadian, I greatly enjoy seeing our country constantly ranked amongst the best in the world and a desirable location for people to want to live. I often hear during my world travels how much people want to come to Canada and live a good life.

This year, Calgary was ranked #5 in the world's most liveable cities. In fact, 3 of the top 5 cities were Canadian (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary). For all the flack Calgary can get sometimes about being boring, uncultured or whatever else, it sure is nice to live in a city that is recognised consistently as being one of the top places it the world to live.

This post isn't meant in anyway to be used to bash against Edmonton in the E=NG thread (although I'm sure it will find its way there). More then anything, it's to recognise how good our quality of life in Calgary (and Canada in general) is and how lucky we are to live here. Personally I think it's something to be proud of.

You can get a free summary of the report here. If anyone has a link to the entire list, I'd be interested in seeing it.
http://www.eiu.com/topic/liveability
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: