View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #62
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Due to the fair warning from Miss Teeks I knew I was about to read a bunch or propaganda hate from someone that irrationally hates the Flames. Isn't Lambert from the North Easy US?

That article is a summary of the worst case scenario.

He cites lack of depth but I recall that being something much of the media discussed as a strength for the Flames. The fact he seems to be writing Bennett off as a bust is proof he is a hater. That would be like Flames fans calling Nurse, Puljujarvi, etc busts because they are not elite players yet.

The Smith/Lack concern certainly is valid as I share similar feelings. I do think Smith has potential to be our best goalie since Kipper but he could also be no better than what we have had since Kipper left. I did find it comical that he thought our goalies only cost us 3pts in the standings last year. Well our goalie certainly cost the team a playoff win or three as well.

Someone could write an article about how the Flames have the best D in the league and several young high end forwards that would result in the team being better than Nashville and therefore a cup favorite.

One thing the haters seem to gloss over is the fact the Flames went 40-23-3 after a disastrous 5-10-1 start. After they figured it out the team played at a 103pt pace for over 2/3 the season after adjusting to a new coach/system
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote