View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #63
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
We have had to kill the tarantulas at the place I'm renting in Costa Rica. At first it was catch and release, but with 5 kids running around it's now death by broom. I feel really bad, but my 2 yr old wants to pick them up.

Killed 3 last night. Death count currently at 8 or 9 the last 7 days.
I lived in Central America for a number of years. In Nicaragua, we always had assorted tarantulas living in the house, including our bedrooms. They would be on the beds, walls, closet, everywhere. We let them live because they were hunting everything else. I don't recall ever killing one and they were certainly aware of us and avoided us - they appeared to sit in the corner of the wall watching us. I watched them creep around and do their thing, it was rather interesting.

I got bit by an unknown bug on the neck once while I was asleep, I woke up with two small holes and non stop bleeding (few hours), with the clot periodically falling off and the blood flowing again (this lasted a few weeks). This was in a house that had no large spiders walking around. I will take the large tarantulas any day of the week.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post: