Thread: MLB 2017 Season
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #166
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
It was pretty cool to see all the Expos fans at the ceremony.

I still can't believe Vladimir Guerrero didn't get in this year. But if him not getting out allowed Raines in than I'm okay with it. I'm not sure if Vlad goes in as an Expo or an Angel, so Raines could very well be the last member of the Expo's to get into the Hall. Larry Walker is the only other guy who might make it, but I think due to the Coors field factor no one takes his career numbers seriously and he'd go in as a Rocky any ways.

Still a bit heart breaking that a team with 3 Hall of Famers in the lineup had one playoff appearance. If only those early 80's Spo's could have just got it together a bit more.
In a way its hard to believe, Raines/Dawson/Carter were only really together for 4 full seasons, 81 ended sadly , 82 they added 35 year old Al Oliver who led the league in hits, rbis, average and doubles, Tim Wallach drives in 97, Rogers is the best pitcher in the NL and yet their middle infield and bench are so bad that in a pre-wild card era not good enough , 83 despite a monster year from Dawson (his last great year as an Expo) was kind of more of the same (Oliver wasn't as good), but by 84 it was pretty much over (sorry Pete Rose and Dan Driessen)- and then trading Carter didn't help

but even before Raines, there was Tony Perez so as Steve Rogers pointed out this week for almost 8 straight years the Expos had 3 HOF position players so having nothing to show for it sucks

Walker, I agree is in tough, but certainly and appropriately would go in as a Rocky...Vlad should go in as an Expo, but likely won't (I believe the Angels don't have anyone- Ryan should have gone is an Angel though)
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote