View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 12:07 AM   #102
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Love how Pepsi and OMG are equating historical injustices against black and minority groups in the states to injusticies in Calgary against the LGBT community. Apples to Oranges to Elephants comparison.
I'm not doing that, nor is what I'm talking about injustices in Calgary against the LGBTQ community. You'd be served well by actually reading the conversation, or at least reading the reasons behind Pride's decision, before making remarks that don't represent what's going on.

The relationship and history between CPS and the LGBTQ community is a footnote in this conversation and in Pride's decision. This is about respecting the experiences of minorities and their relationship with the CPS. The LGBTQ community isn't solely made up of gay white folks, there are people of colour as well, who carry an entirely unique experience.

But please Ducay, tell me more about how important your opinion about their experiences are. Tell me a story about growing up as a queer indigenous woman. Any story. What's your opinion on what that's like?

Wouldn't want to offend someone by suggesting that without personal experience, they might not be able to comment on the reality that someone lives.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote