View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:21 PM   #227
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
My kids are pretty much grown (17 & 19), but my pearls of wisdom might be; they do grow up so fast that you really need to cherish those moments and don't be afraid to get down and play with them.

For every "first" it seems like there are more "lasts". My daughter recently got her drivers license so I have driven her to school for the last time. The last time napping with them on my chest. The last time they sat on my knee and ate half my supper. The last time they run to the door when you get home from work.

Some "lasts" are subtle and just fade away and some are abrupt and just end. So relish in those moments cause one day there will be a last time.

Get down on the ground and play the way your kids want to play. I used to have my own Bakugons, Pokemon cards, and dolls. I used to take them to the park and play "grounders" with them. Those are the times and things that stick with them, my kids anyways. Because there will be a last time you play Hot Wheels with your son or have a Tea Party with your daughter.