View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #221
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
You think Bennett wouldn't accept a 6 year contract under 5M but think he should accept a 2 year contract for 2M a year?

Year 1: 2
Year 2: 2
Year 3: 6.5
Year 4: 6.5
Year 5: 6.5
Year 6: 6.5
AAV: 5M

He'd have to make at least 6.5M a year to make up the difference if he signed a bridge contract for 2M a year. Those include mostly RFA years, and he'd be a UFA at 28. You're right that Bennett won't get a long term contract worth 5M, but that's because it's Treliving who won't put it on the table. His agent would have to make a blood sacrifice to Satan to even have this contract considered.

If the Flames wanted to pay Bennett $5M per it is not a 6 year deal being tabled. To me it would have to be 8 years. Max UFA years bought to overpay him more than twice what he deserves per season.

I think Bennett should be looking for a 1-2 year deal between 2-3M per. He will be an rfa again at 23/24 and should be able to sign a monster contract at that time.

The McDavid extension impacted RFA deals imo. That is why you hear about Johannsen pushing for $8.5M coming off a 60pt season. Draisaitl rumors are anywhere from 7-9M per.

Last summer Gaudreau, Monahan, Schiefele, Mackinnon all signed between 6-7M.

There are rumors offer sheets will inevitably become common as the UFA pool is thin and teams face a cap crunch. In 2 years if wouldn't shock me to see both Bennett and Tkachuk demand contracts that would make them the highest paid Flames
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote