View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #2117
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Nothing left unaccomplished, sure. However, Jagr is close to some very big numbers that I would assume he would prefer to reach before calling it quits in the NHL, especially given his performance in the last couple of seasons. Some of these he can (or even should) hit in this upcoming season, and the rest he can hit if he plays two more seasons.

• 57 games played will push him ahead of Howe (1767gp) for the all-time most games played in the NHL. Not to mention that along the way, he will pass both Messier and Francis in doing so.
  • 38 goals will push him past Howe for the 2nd all-time spot in goals scored (Gretzky is at 894 - 129 goals more than Howe, and that is most likely out of reach for Jagr)
  • 100 assists will push him to 3rd all-time in the NHL. That might not be reachable for him in two seasons, but he is 21 assists from passing Bourque for 4th all-time, and 44 assists from passing Messier for 3rd all-time.
  • 86 points from hitting 2000 points. He won't pass anyone along the way, but 2000 points would probably be something anyone would love to hit when they are in striking range.
I am sure there are probably more along the way that aren't as obvious. I know if I was him, I would love to stay in the NHL and try to hit some of these before I call it quits. He loves the game, he is a fitness freak, and he is still a decent player by any metric. I am sure money matters to him, but I would also imagine finding the right fit considering those numbers above would probably be just as important. I hope he signs somewhere in the NHL, and as a fan of hockey, I hope to see him hit as many of those as possible.
The Travelling Jagrs have a waiting list for a 9th member.