View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 06:19 AM   #940
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But when the Canadian government grossly violates a citizen's rights, I am glad to see redress, if only as a deterrent. I'm a strong believer in the notion that undeterred, the spooks will eventually come for you, too.

I also know this: the last thing we need is our politicians down in the U.S., whipping up even more ignorance and bile toward Canada among American conservatives.

Don't forget, a lot of them still blame Canada for allowing the Sept. 11 attackers into America, which is entirely false, but which lives on in the American mind to this day, despite years of patient fact-checking by Canadian diplomats in Washington.
The conservative American public, guided by a churlish, isolationist president, is looking for whipping boys and imagined foreign enemies at the moment.

They don't need encouraging by politicians who claim to speak for Canadians. Conservatives might try to keep in mind that it's supposed to be the Loyal Opposition.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/canad...218915?cmp=rss

Some good points here. Why are the Conservatives so eager to badmouth us Canadians to the US media?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: