View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #24
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think much of Shinkaruk as a prospect personally. I don't really want to be so negative on the kid, but I don't see him being a regular in the NHL. He is young, but nothing about him stands out in any way for me. He isn't fast, he isn't skilled enough, he isn't big enough, he isn't feisty enough. He just doesn't seem like 'enough' in any one area. I have him quite low.

I went with Klimchuk here. At this point, a combination of skill and versatility is valuable. Klimchuk is good in all zones, and he has a beautiful wrister. That thing is so fast.

Phillips is still too much of a long shot to me. but he has undeniable skill.

I don't quite agree with the assertion that Hamilton is replacement level. I mean, I think his ceiling is that of a 4th liner who can MAYBE step into the third line to fill-in for injuries, but that's about it. What he does excel at is driving the opposition nuts. That's useful. If you can get Brent Burns off the ice for 5 minutes, that carries some value in my opinion. He is good defensively, he is physical and he isn't slow. I think he is trending to be an 'above average 4th liner' that a team is glad to have. I am just not sure where to rank him.

Wotherspoon is super steady in the AHL. I think he just lacks some consistency in the NHL (as does Kulak).
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: