View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 03:16 AM   #2032
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Bennett and a D prospect is far lower than the Isles offer?!? Wow I totally disagree on that one.

Bennett is worth more than Hamonic IMO. And several of our D prospects are worth around a mid 1st rounder to us IMO. Andersson and Kylington have impressed since being drafted and I think the 2 years of development makes them worth a mid-late 1st to us. I think Bennett + Valimaki/Andersson/Kylington is more than the Isles offer not far less.

Interesting that we see the values so differently. Personally I wouldn't even trade Bennett straight up for Duchene (for a variety of reasons) let alone adding in one of our top prospects. But I do think that's the type of player COL would like. Hamonic on the other hand isn't really the type of player they'd be targeting. Not young enough, not offensive enough.
When I compare the Isles offer, I think that even if they didn't have Hamonic as as a target, they could have flipped him to the Flames for the Same Package, and thus, 2 1sts and 2 2nds.

Is Bennett plus Valimaki equal to that? In my eyes no.

That being said, the aves (likely) didn't see what they might have got from flipping Hamonic. Nor have they been ok with an enhanced pick package from the Isles, who are known to be interested.

This all leads me to believe that the Aves haven't a clue what they want, and the Aves haven't a clue what he's worth!
The Following User Says Thank You to dying4acup For This Useful Post: