View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 01:31 AM   #51
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
He said at best. That implies forever and always. I think Hathaway has a good chance of becoming an integral 4th liner for us. IMO he's better than many of the 4th line grinders the Flames have employed over the past 20 years.

Guess we'll see but I think with Bouma bought out it's Hathaway's 12th forward spot to lose. Every team needs that energy, grinding player who breathes life into the game and I think Hathaway is that guy for us. Really excited to see him win a full time spot.
I don't doubt he will give every piece of effort in his being for every minute that he plays in the NHL. I'm just not sure he's got the skill set to stick around.

He's turning 26 in November. There aren't too many NHL players that become NHL regulars after the age of 25. I realize its not impossible (Hendricks did it. Don't know about others.), but its a real rarity.

The coach played him the least at even strength out of all the 18 guys who played games for the Flames at forward last season.

I think if management thought of him as a top 12 guy, they would have kept him around for the playoffs instead of Freddie Hamilton.

I also think they would have given him a one way contract if they saw him as a top 12 guy.

I think these are a few signs that the team isn't as high on Hathaway as some of his fans.

I guess we will know for sure in a few months.

Last edited by Oil Stain; 07-21-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote