View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #495
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
The two articles that you posted are diametrically opposed to each other.

One is saying that oil will still be a major player in 2040 (btw, 2040 - 2017 = 23 years). The other is saying that oil is "killed off" by 2030.

The first 300 posts in this thread are people saying that a total phase-out of oil by 2030 is completely ridiculous, and you arguing that 2030 timeframe for a complete shutdown of the oil industry is correct. Now you go and post an article that says that oil will still be a major source of energy into 2040.

What the heck is your position? The two articles suggest vastly different reactions from government and individuals.
My position? Alberta's economic model is in greater peril than ever before due to shifts in demand for liquid fuels arising from innovation in the transportation sector.

Will it look like the scenario in article 1? Or article 2? How the **** should I know? All I know is that ICE engines are possibly going to be displaced in a significant way soon. And the Canadian market for vehicles doesn't matter much...look at where India and China are going.

Personally I wager article 1 is too hand wavy...but these shifts can happen faster than we can expect. And taking Alberta's economic development dollars and remaining focused upon oil and gas is risky.

That's my position.

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote