View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 04:11 PM   #1295
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I think what I am stating is that the demand for facts in this discussion is too high a burden of proof, because no one here has anything to offer of the like sort. I suspect that some intuitions are stronger than others, and in this case—unlike many others in which a goalie's individual play suffers so dramatically as Lack's did in the move from Vancouver to Carolina—the explanation offered seems too be a sensible one.

I would feel better if Lack was returning to work with Rollie Melanson. We shall see how this turns out.
Agreed. Which is why I questioned a poster who resorted to stating the "facts" about the reasons for Lack's performance in Carolina after stating I had a bias against him. The only facts are his results.

I would be careful about overstating Lack's results in Vancouver. He had a very good 2014/15 season. Maybe that's how good he is or maybe that's his peak. But sometimes goalies get figured out and don't adapt. Check out Chad Johnson's 2013/14 season.

I know nothing about goalie coaches. Maybe the Carolina coach was actually trying to help him after noticing a flaw in his game that would surely be exposed. The argument that he "ruined" his game seems a little far fetched to me, even though somebody in an interview somewhere put it forward as a theory.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote