View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #371
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Her party is probably thanking their lucky stars she got told no. If they say yes and it comes out that she asked for it, we wouldn't be looking at a minority government. NDP would just win.
I'm not sure that happens. Are there really three seats the NDP picks up if they call an election? There were three ridings that were really close between Liberals and NDP (Coquitlam-Burke Mountain, Courtenay-Comox, Maple Ridge-Mission). The NDP won two of those three.

If the NDP were to get the three more seats needed, it might come at the expense of the two green party seats not held by Weaver. Green voters might switch to NDP, but I'm not sure they do. Weaver seems to be picking up some steam, so they might take some votes away from the NDP in key ridings, giving the majority back to the Liberals. Maybe Liberal voters even realize that their votes do matter, and they need to get out and vote. The Liberals changed their platform in the throne speech, so maybe they get some voters back that were leaning NDP for the first time.

If I was Clark I would have pushed for the election. I don't think it's as clear cut as you do that it would be an NDP majority. I'd wager some hypothetical dollars there is a better chance the Liberals get their majority. I do think Clark should step down, as it gives the Liberals a better chance in the next election, whenever that is. I was hoping Kevin Falcon wanted to run again, but he has said he will not. I don't blame him. His current job has better hours, environment, and pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote