View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 07:37 AM   #95
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
How? We have 2 pairs that will go up against any teams top 2 lines, essentially the Kulak-Andersson pair will play sheltered minutes against 3rd/4th lines. Play more at home with last change then on the road etc. I don't see how they can't play against Kase/Wagner/Shaw or any Arizona or Las Vages line or Cagguila/Letestu/Kassian etc. Similar forward they'd be going up against in the AHL.

This is the best time to break them in, with 4 heavy lifters they can develop at the NHL level.

I want 5-7 be Kulak/Andersson/Wotherspoon. Kulak and Wotherspoon have spent enough time in the minors. Andersson had an outstanding year in the AHL last year, time for promotions. Also, if they don't graduate then you start a logjam at the AHL level too.
If the Flames have no injuries on the back end then have a bottom pairing with two rookies should be fine, but I would sign a veteran guy to a 1 or 2 year deal as the #5 and have a rookie for the #6. When injuries start then you can have two rookies in the line-up.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote