Thread: 2017 NHL Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 11:39 PM   #770
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

The player I am hoping for most of all is Andersson.

The Flames are fairly set with D-men and goaltending for the time being organizationally, I would be fine if they trended towards forwards. I would not be disappointed with any of the D-men in the range of the Flames pick if they went that way however. All the high quality forward prospects have either graduated (or expected to in Janko's case) or are small. The 2013 1sts all look like they're going to be 3rd/4th line guys if they make it. So that leaves us with Dube, Phillips, and Mangiapane as the only forward prospects with skill coming through the pipeline. On defense, the Flames have Fox, Andersson, Kylington, Falkovsky, and Kulak that look like they're NHL calibre prospects and most of them still have developmental time.

As long as we don't get Hague or Rasmussen, I'll be perfectly fine with whatever comes.

If some of the better options are gone at 16, I wouldn't mind dropping to 20 and picking up a 2nd. If none of Kostin, Andersson, Necas, Foote, or Liljegren are up at 16, dropping 4 picks and getting either Yamamoto or Thomas would work.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca

Last edited by Caged Great; 06-22-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post: