View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #21
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well we can bump it then as well, but regardless of what happens with all the questions to be answered, I am expecting a playoff caliber team and that expectation won't change.

Of course if we traded Gaudreau/Monahan/Backlund/Hamilton/Tkachuk for Ovechkin and a 1st, then I suppose my expectation would change.

I expect the #4-#6 slots to be handled with something competent, the backup to be something decent or Gillies/Rittich (both I would be fine with), the expansion draft to not hurt us at all, and the entry draft to draft someone that could help in 3 years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Wow, this thread is premature.

We don't even know who our 4-6 defensemen are going to be, or who our backup goaltender is likely to be.

It seems like there are a LOT of questions to be answered in the coming weeks after the following:

1) Expansion draft; INCLUDING all the trades that are likely to happen through Vegas.

2) Entry draft; INCLUDING all the trades that are likely to happen on draft day.

3) Free agency; ESPECIALLY with a new franchise creating 23 more NHL jobs and removing a roster player from each of the other 30 NHL teams, and thus diluting the talent pool. This will increase the demand for quality NHL players without changing the supply significantly. I imagine there will be a LOT of competition for free agents.

I feel like this thread should be locked until we see how we fair, as well as all of our competitors. Only then could there be a realistic answer.