View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #114
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

One thing I noticed watching friends and family who have struggled with addiction is that when that addiction has a hold of them they will avoid those they know that want to stop it and surround themselves with those who will support it/join them. Usually those are degenerates or fellow addicts who have also fallen off the wagon, so no good decisions are being made at that point.

I am assuming at this point Carrie was surrounding herself with the wrong people, and while she might have had a support system it probably either wasn't aware or was aware to late of what was going on to stop it. I thought I read that her brother was with her on the plane? Perhaps he had gotten to her after a bender but the damage was already done.

Seems so weird she would go back there at this time in her life, Star Wars was back, she seemed so happy on set and apparently everyone reported she seemed full of life. Do you think that going back to Leia awoke some sleeping demons that pushed her back to that life style? Or did she just never leave it in the first place and it was a ticking time bomb?