View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #1005
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
This thread for some reason reminds me of the way Oilers fans talk, never conceding that they did anything but the best thing ever, especially when it comes to the Flames.

They got a good goalie, unfortunately. The Flames got a good defenseman, fortunately.

They are such different things, I'm not sure why we're going around and around on this.
I agree with you and I concede the point on what goalies get compared to D-men on the open market. Don't want to carry this on further. Really, the initial point with which I concur is that Treliving hasn't solved our needs in net yet. Smith is a stop-gap and hopefully one that succeeds, and hopefully our prospects are ready to take over by then. A lot of big ifs remaining if you ask me. If it's so easy to sign a Talbot or a Jones, then we should have done so by now without squandering so many assets and a berth in the playoffs. Jones for San Jose, Talbot for the Oilers, and Andersen for the Leafs have made huge impacts for their teams. Teams who haven't figured their goaltending out, such as the Stars, have squandered prime years of some great players on their rosters.

So sure, kudos to Treliving for getting Hamilton. But I'm sceptical that we've solved our goaltending issues with this latest move.
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fan in Exile For This Useful Post: