View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #816
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post

I've been to one of Dustin's places in Toronto (416 snack bar). I thought that was really good. Trevor Bird's place Fable is outstanding. Jesse Vergen's place (Saint John Ale House) was a huge disappointment. Basically standard pub food. It's all hit and miss really with these contestants.
Good to know. I will have to try those places the next time I'm in Toronto and Vancouver. So far, I've only been to the Calgary places. I went to Charcut, after I saw Connie on the first season and I followed Xavier (season 2?) around to a few of the restaurants he worked at. He was probably my favourite.

I went to Cluck and Cleaver over the Christmas holidays to try it out, because that was the only way to go to Nicole's place, short of setting up a catered event. They were quite anxious to tell me the owner was on Top Chef Canada, but she wasn't there at the time. I don't live anywhere near there and you basically need to take it out, so it's not really worth it to go again. I would love to try an Italian restaurant that Nicole opened with her winnings.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote