View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #813
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
A chicken fast food place and even catering, aren't really anything like the competition though.

Nicole did well throughout the competition (winning lots of preliminary events) so I don't think she's a surprising winner, although I thought it seemed like Dustin edged her out overall.

I would like to eat at a restaurant where Nicole was the chef. I've been to Cluck and Cleaver but she wasn't the one cooking it.
The thing that bothers me about these competition shows is that they don't show the full truth with the judges opinions and arguments. Have they actually shown the whole argument (whether it be more support for Nicole or more negative feedback for Dustin) it would've led you to believe that Nicole had won and that the announcement of the winner would've felt anti-climatic. Instead, the producer's editing had you believe Dustin was slightly better and finding out that Nicole who won, is surprising.

And I agree with Nicole as the Chef. Fried Chicken seems so basic compared to the stuff she pulled off on the show. If Mark MacEwan boldly stated that Nicole's Tortellini was the best he's ever had in his life, Nicole better damn well open a fine dining Italian restaurant in Calgary, especially when she was classically trained in it
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote