View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #1414
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
So the most overrated Blue Jay of all-time almost cost the Jays the game yesterday. A 4-hopper one step to the left of Goins, easy double play and he lets it go through his legs. Thankfully Osuna just K'd the next two batters, but what do people see in Goins?

He has been extremely lucky this year with when his hits have come making him look clutch, but he is a .220 batter with minimal power, and I don't think his defense is as good as people make it out to be. The metrics don't like him this year (I know that does not tell the whole story) and he makes a lot of lazy mistakes like the one yesterday.
Yeah, I do think he is quite overrated. He is not a starting infielder but lots of people seem to think he is. Just look at him compared to Travis or Tulo - he's not even in the same conversation as those two.

I still like him on the team though - he is the "replacement" level player that can fill in at 2nd or SS when guys need days off or are injured. His defense has suffered a bit, but I still think his fielding is well above average and have confidence in his fielding.

I just hope he doesn't get any ideas in his head that he should be an every day guy. His numbers at the plate consistently show he is just not a good enough hitter to play every day.